Buffalo, The Drought is Over!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Buffalo, The Drought is Over!

Abby Ruggerio, Sports Writer

History has been made!

After, 17 years the Bills finally ended the longest current playoff drought in NFL. The Bills last appearance in the playoffs was in January 2000 and the last playoff win was in 1995.
In the last game of the regular season, the Bills defeated Miami Dolphins 24-16. Though they won that game the Bills needed help from the Cincinnati Bengals. Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton, threw for a last minute touchdown to Tyler Boyd that beat the Baltimore Ravens, sending the Bills to the playoffs.
Buffalo fans were more than excited to finally have a Buffalo sport team to make the playoffs, that they showed their appreciation braving the below freezing temperatures late at night to greet the Bills players at the Buffalo airport. Buffalo is a city that loves to celebrate and send thanks to those who helped. The Bills sent over 1,400 chicken wings to the Cincinnati Bengals to thank them for their win over the Ravens. The Bills announced this gift via Twitter on January 5th, which then the Bengals respond with a thank you and stated that the will donate the wings to the Children’s Home Autism High School in Cincinnati. The Bills gracious gift did not stop there, many Bills fans donated to, Bengals quarterback, Andy Dalton’s charitable foundation. The Bills fans also donated to Troy Boyd’s cause, donating more than 50,000 to Western Pennsylvania Youth Athletic Association.
Sadly, the Bills playoff journey did not last long, after losing against the Jacksonville Jaguars 3-10 on January, 7th. Though, the Bills playoff ride fell short, the Buffalo fans were just happy to finally have ended the 17 years drought.