Spirit Week Successes

Bridget Gedeon, Student Life

This past Spirit Week (March 18-21) was successful yet again at SHA!  Every year during this special week, students and faculty go all out in celebrating school spirit with different themed costume days and afternoon assemblies. This year, Spirit Week began with an Out of this World theme on Monday. Aliens, astronauts, and other galactic creatures were found everywhere roaming the school! The day ended with all grades putting up their class color posters in the hallways.  Tuesday was “dress up like a teacher or celebrity” day, finishing with performances by various students in the talent show. Meme/Vine day followed, with many recognizable Vine phrases showing up as inspiration. The assembly was a friendly competition of bubble soccer between the different grades. Finally on Thursday, Spirit Week concluded with class color day and the karaoke dance competition in the athletic center.  Girls covering themselves in clothing items and spiritwear with their class color, with some even dying their hair to match! Results for the spirit points competition were highly anticipated. Overall, the juniors were victorious coming in first in Spirit Week, followed by the seniors, freshmen, and sophomores. For the karaoke dance, juniors were once again supreme, followed by seniors, sophomores, and freshmen in fourth place. Students and faculty members alike have immense spirit for our school, and Spirit Week has become, undoubtedly, one of the best weeks at SHA.