The Cathy Wendel Lista Dance Showcase

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Cathy Wendel Lista Dance Showcase

Veronica Sullivan, News Writer

Do you enjoy supporting the local arts community? Do you have nothing to do on Sunday May 5th? If you can answer yes to the following questions, then you need to go see the Cathy Wendel Lista Dance Showcase starting at 2:00 PM located at the University at Buffalo’s Center for the Arts. This dance showcase will feature the following local studios: American Academy of Ballet, Amy Lynn’s Dance Studio, Buffalo Dance Center, Dance Spectrum, Dancentral Studios, Dance Workshop, KipTom Dance Center, Lancaster Dance Center, Mary Alice’s Dance Center, Royal Academy of Ballet and Dance, and the University at Buffalo’s Zodiaque Dance Company. The tickets for this event cost $15 and can be purchased at the Center for the Arts Box Office or on TICKETFLY.com. What sets this apart from any ordinary recital is who it commemorates. Cathy Lista was a beloved local dance teacher who taught at the Lancaster Dance Center. She loved her students dearly and served as a great mentor for them. On August 13th of 2016, she passed away after battling cancer. Dance and the University at Buffalo were both important parts of her life and so to honor her, the Cathleen Wendel Lista Memorial Fund began. The proceeds of this dance showcase will go to the Cathleen Wendel Lista Memorial Scholarship for aspiring dancers at the University at Buffalo. And if the showcase isn’t enough for you, there will be a silent auction in the Lobby. So if you are free this weekend, please support the local dance community at this showcase in honor of Cathy Wendel Lista.